Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful



This time of year it is easy to be reminded of the things I am thankful for.  There are so many:

  1. Family
  2. Friends
  3. Home
  4. Veterans
  5. Quilting
  6. Blogging
Today I am going to talk about why I am so thankful for Blogging.  A little over a year ago, I began a blog, just as a way to be able to comment on other blogs.  Little did I know at the time, I was going to love it.  I have shared beginnings, finishes and everything in between.  I have never been one to "brag" about myself, so blogging was really a step for me.  I love to create, and it brings me joy, but I don't ever want to be showy or prideful.  I really blog as a way to chronicle some of the things I have accomplished, for myself.

I have learned so much through my blogging experiences.  By following other people's blogs, I have learned new techniques, new ideas and been so inspired by the talent I have seen.  I have loved the friends I have made through blogging. I even came up with a new word -- "Intermet".  I think it perfectly describes the relationships we have with people we have never met in person, but have come to know a little about, through our shared experiences.  (Somehow "Keyboard Pals" doesn't fit!!! lol)

The generosity of the quilty bloggers I have intermet, is unbelievable.  Not only do quilters show their giving hearts by donating to charities or making special items for friends or loved ones, they also give to other quilters.

Last week I was the lucky recipient of two wonderful gifts!!!!


I won this adorable book and softie from Terry at Cherished Treasures!  It is so precious.
Randall reindeer
Thank you Terry, for the sweet prize and the beautiful handmade card you sent.

I also received these amazing fabrics from Sharon at Vroomans Quilts!
Halloween
Thank you so much, Sharon.  I can't wait to make something wickedly wonderful with them!

I hope you have a fantastic day and Thank You for visiting my little blog.

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Laura! It is nice to stop and think about all of our blessings! Fun mail too! :)

    ReplyDelete