I am so excited to be going to QuiltCon this month. I love any chance to get away and especially the chance to get away and sew!!!! Since I live in Texas, I will be driving to Austin. I will be traveling with my sewing bestie, Meredith. We take classes at our LQS together and get together often to sew and spray baste quilts. (I am also lucky enough to work with her, and we have show-and-tells at work so we can oooh and aaaaah at each others projects!)
Here I am with my three children.
Five facts about me:
1. I was born in Texas and have lived in the Oldest Town in Texas since 1978.
2. I have been sewing for as long as I can remember. I was taught by my mom, who learned from her mom.
3. I have only been quilting for about 3 years (the right way). I muddled through some quilts as a self-taught quilter, but now understand so much more about piecing.
4. I have a teaching degree and taught for over 16 years. I have been working as a legal assistant for the past 7 years, and I love my job.
5. My grandmother made my mom's wedding dress, my mom made my wedding dress, and my daughters want me to make their wedding dresses. (I am so blessed) I have made wedding dresses for two very close friends, already.