Thursday, April 25, 2013

Motivation and Direction

I have been a bit invisible on my blog lately.  Unfortunately there has been a reason that I have been unable to find the courage to talk about, until now.  I will not go into a lot of detail, but if you want to read a post that entirely uplifting, you should move on before continuing.

Here Goes:

My family suffered an enormous tragedy in January.  Just 5 days before my husband's 50th birthday, he passed away.  It is still a very fresh wound on our hearts, but my children and I are doing our best to keep going.  We miss him every day and our lives will never be the same.  One thing we have learned through all of this is that it would be impossible to get through this trauma without the love, care and kindness of our family, friends and community. 

Anyway...

As I struggle with the urge to bury myself under the covers, I know that would only make things worse.  What I need right now is Motivation and Direction.  It will take some time.  To help distract me, I have been sewing some.  Not nearly as much as I would like, but more than a couple of months ago.  I love to sew and just have not had the desire lately.  I always thought it would be my comfort in terrible times, but I was wrong.  It does distract me when I have the desire, but when the motivation is lacking, I just can't make myself do it.

So...........

I decided to join a block of the month to help with motivation.   I will be participating in the


BOM



I am also participating in Quilts for Boston


I am anxious to get back to a normal life.  Check these out and get motivated along with me!!!

Happy Quilting,

Laura

2 comments:

  1. xoxoxo - I am so glad you are my friend and am so proud of you and your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. My family is so blessed to have the most supportive friends, like you and John.

      Delete